Author insights: Australian Cyber Security Magazine, Issue 7, 2019
‘Cyber Risk Leaders: C-Suite Insights – Leadership and Influence in the Cyber Age’ will be launching first in Australia, and then internationally this June. In celebration of the International Women’s Day, the first 50 pre-orders will get a personal signed copy!
In this book, you will get up close and personal with 30 CxOs from around the world. Trade secrets are revealed from lessons, learnt the hard way, as their life experience unfolds. In this collection, Shamane explores the art of communicating with executives, tips on navigating through challenges, and reveal what the C-Suite looks for in their partners.
The book includes:
- Observations of the CISOs and lessons learnt from their lessons
- Interactive discussion with the audience on their biggest challenges faced in communicating with their stakeholders
- A dive into the various methods and techniques used by successful CISOs
- The top 3 tips that the C-suite wants to impart to current security professionals (there’s a total of 15 in the book)
- A very special bonus chapter – which is twofold:
– Contains advice by CISOs for CISOs, on what they should look out for in working with 3rd parties.
– Will be incredibly useful to vendors or security partners as they will learn how to build better relationships with their CISOs.
Shamane is the APAC Executive Advisor at Privasec, a leading independent Security Consulting Firm in Australia and Singapore. She currently works with the C-Suite and Executives and examines various approaches in uplifting the corporate and individual’s security posture in this cyber age. Whilst also managing the APAC relations, she has successfully enabled businesses, as well as enterprises & agencies to be well equipped in key Cyber Risk aspects.
Shamane has a passion for disruptive technologies and the human factor. As the founder of the Cyber Risk meetups across Australia and Singapore with over 1,500 attendees, her meetups offer Security Enthusiasts and Executives a unique platform to impart and exchange innovative insights. Shamane is also a huge advocate and champion for professionals in Cyber Risk sector and encourages people to look for new ways in which they can take a step forward.